WHAT TO WEAR AT ROYAL ASCOT 2018
DRESS CODES – FOR ROYAL ASCOT 2018: AS THE MOST FAMOUS OF THE RACING FESTIVALS, THIS IS THE PLACE TO SHOW OFF YOUR FABULOUS FASHION FLAIR. BUT TAKE HEED; THERE ARE DRESS CODES TO ADHERE IN ALL OF THE ENCLOSURES.
Ladies are kindly asked to note the following:
• Dresses and skirts should be of modest length defined as falling just above the knee or longer.
• Dresses and tops should have straps of one inch or greater.
• Strapless, off the shoulder, one shoulder, halter neck, bardot and spaghetti straps are not permitted.
• Midriffs must be covered.
• Jackets and pashminas may be worn but dresses and tops underneath should still comply with the
• Trouser suits are welcome. They should be of full-length to the ankle and of matching material and colour.
• Jumpsuits are welcome. They should be of full-length to the ankle, with regulations matching that for dresses.
• Hats should be worn; however a headpiece which has a solid base of 4 inches (10cm) or more in diameter is acceptable as an alternative to a hat.
Queen Anne Enclosure
• Dress and skirt lengths can be above the knee but shorts or playsuits are not permitted. Strapless, off the shoulder, one shoulder style and sheer straps are not permitted.
• Again, midriffs must be covered.
• Trouser suits and jumpsuits must be full length and worn with a top that adheres to the above guidelines.
• Fascinators are permitted but all headwear must be worn at all times.
Although the dress code for the Village Enclosure is the same as the Queen Anne Enclosure (see above), it isn’t as formal. This is an enclosure with more of a party atmosphere providing an eclectic mix of music throughout the day until 9pm.
As this enclosure is largely an outdoor area, smaller hats and fascinators plus wedges are recommended in place of larger hats and stilettos.
With no set dress code, it is still requested to dress in a manner that befits a formal occasion. It is recommended that ladies wear smart attire with a hat or fascinator.